LEAPYEAR2 (LYR2) teaches you how to practically integrate your highest aspirations with daily living, to connect heaven and earth within you. LEAPYEAR2 builds naturally on the growth that occurs during LEAPYEAR.
Everything you do in LYR2 is tied to real work with real results for real people. LYR2 is three times the responsibility of LEAPYEAR at less than 1/3rd the cost.
The cost of LEAPYEAR2 is $9,900 and academic credit is optional. Academic credit can be earned through a number of universities, or it can be left out of your program. Need-based scholarships are available to bring participation within reach for just about anyone.
Past LYR2 students have helped build a 550 ft2 building at Maacama, run the LEAPYEAR kitchen, helped students find and land their internships, and raised over $15,000 to travel to north India for 6 weeks to create a "goat bank," fight sex trafficking and support the work of an Indian organization called Guria. LYR2 projects support the journey of LEAPYEAR students, change the world for an organization chosen by the LYR2 students, and help move Maacama toward greater beauty and sustainability. LEAPYEAR2 is your opportunity to change the world while continuing your education in a way that is designed for yourself.
The intent of LYR2 is to give students the opportunity to:
- Build on the transformations of LEAPYEAR instead of or before returning to more traditional educational pathways,
- Live in community with a small cohort of highly committed people, while working on real projects together,
- Learn to hold a transformative learning container for others to deepen your own transformation,
- Learn to design your own learning curriculum and your unique life,
- Gain traction in your life by deepening your understanding of your life purpose,
- Connect your "survival dance" and your "soul dance,"
- Enhance your lived experience of wholeness, while identifying roadblocks to effective, empowered living,
- Give you the structure needed to evolve, and the freedom for continued exploration.
"We need simply to be encouraged, to be given heart, to be allowed to grow into our own large hearts. We do not need to be governed by external schedules – by the ticking of the ubiquitous classroom clock – nor be told what and when we need to learn, nor what we need to express, but instead we need to be given time, not as a constraint, but as a gift in a supportive place where we can explore what we want and who we are, with the assistance of others who care about us also."
- Derek Jensen
Please email your completed application to email@example.com.